Residence Permit in Turkey 2021
Renewal of residence permit in Turkey is related to the laws and regulations that are constantly updated by the Turkish government.
Therefore, the foreign resident in Turkey must stay informed of all changes that occur to these laws.
Renewal of residence permit in Turkey
Foreign residents in Turkey must begin the process of renewing their residence in Turkey prior to the expiry of their current residence to avoid delay in obtaining the new one.
The application for renewal of residence permit in Turkey is submitted at least 60 days before the end of the current permit.
The papers and documents required when submitting a residence renewal application in Turkey differ according to the type of residence.
Papers required to renew residency permit in Turkey
Tourist residence permit in Turkey
- Online appointment booking.
- Residence renewal application signed by the person concerned or their legal representative.
- A copy of the passport or travel document for the pages that contain the applicant’s data, the passport or travel document number, the date of issuance and expiry, the entry stamp to Turkey and the visa.
- A copy of the current Turkish residence card.
- 4 recent personal (bio-metric) photo of the applicant.
- Valid health insurance covering the length of stay.
- Adres Belgesi registration from E-devlet
- A copy of the receipt of payment of the required fees.
In the event of submitting a residence renewal application in Turkey for children under the age of 18 years, a translated and certified copy of the family book must be submitted or a family record must be issued.
And a copy of the residency of the parents or legal guardian.
Muvafakatname approval document from father to mother or vice versa.
In addition to noting in the application for residency renewal that the applicant is a minor and the parents or legal guardian sign the application on the minor’s behalf.
Real estate residence
It is the residency that every foreigner who owns a property in Turkey gets.
As for the required documents that are submitted by the owner of the property and their family to renew the real estate residence, they are as follows:
- Residence renewal application signed by the applicant or their legal representative.
- A copy of the passport or travel document, signed and certified by a notary, for the pages that contain personal data, a visa, the entry stamp to Turkey, the date of issuance and expiration of the document or passport, and the number of the passport or travel document.
- A copy of the current residence card.
- 4 recent (bio-metric) personal photos.
- Valid health insurance that covers the period of residence in Turkey.
- A residency document issued by the Al-Nufus directorate to which the property belongs.
- A copy of the required fee payment receipt.
These documents are presented to all family members who have real estate residency.
As for the documents submitted by the property owner, they are:
- The original title deed or Tapu, in addition to a certified copy of the notary.
- The earthquake insurance policy, which is compulsory in Turkey. It is called DASK.
- Numarataj This document can be requested from the municipality to which the property belongs, and it states the property number.
After preparing all the required documents, the application for renewal of residence in Turkey is submitted via the Internet, and after that an appointment is set by the Immigration Department to come in person to present the documents to the responsible employee and do the interview.
Foreign citizens are provided with an identification document until they receive the new residence card. Residency cards are sent in Turkey via the PTT postal service.
For more information on residency permits in Turkey you can contact us here.