Humanitarian Residence in Turkey
There are many types of residency in Turkey, but have you heard about humanitarian residence in Turkey before?
What is a humanitarian residence permit in Turkey and how to obtain it?
In the following article, we will answer all questions and topics related to this type of residence in Turkey.
What is the humanitarian residence in Turkey?
Humanitarian residence in Turkey is granted to refugees according to the Geneva Convention signed by 130 countries in 1951, according to which it was agreed to grant a document of humanitarian residence to everyone who cannot return to their country for reasons specified in the agreement itself.
Turkey provides humanitarian residence to those who cannot return to their countries for political or other reasons.
Among the other conditions that must be met when applying for a humanitarian residence in Turkey the following conditions must also apply:
- That the applicant was present inside the Turkish territories when submitting the application.
- To be prevented from entering his/her country, or to be threatened with death or imprisonment in the event of their return to their country.
- The refugee does not pose any threat to Turkish national security.
- He/she should not be wanted in criminal offenses.
- The inability to obtain other types of Turkish residence documents for one reason or another.
As for the documents required to be submitted to obtain humanitarian residence in Turkey, they include the following:
- Passport or travel document, regardless of the date of validity.
- Entry visa to Turkey.
- A lease contract certified by one of the Notary offices, or a housing record from the Population Department.
- 4 personal photos.
- The form for submitting an application for obtaining humanitarian residency.
In the event of a family request, 4 personal photos of each family member must be attached, in addition to the marriage contract and birth certificates translated and certified by the notary.
The application is submitted at the Immigration Department, where there are special offices for applications for humanitarian residency.
Advantages of obtaining a humanitarian residence in Turkey
A holder of humanitarian residence in Turkey has the right to move between provinces easily, and he/she has the right to enroll in Turkish schools and universities.
They can also open bank accounts in Turkey, sign rental contracts, and open water, electricity and gas meters under their names.
The holder of this type of residence documents is also entitled to benefit from health services in Turkish government hospitals and to obtain special discounts.
It must be noted that the assistance of a lawyer with long experience in this field is necessary to ensure that the application to obtain a humanitarian residence document is not rejected.
For more information, you can contact us here.